Meet the Tiedemann team
Our commitment to our clients is solidified in our structure as a partnership. From the start, the firm was set up to hand down equity to future generations of Tiedemann employees. Being independent and responsible to ourselves alone allows us to fully invest in our clients.
Mr. Istel has more than three decades of investment banking experience. From 1993 to 2002, he was Vice Chairman of Rothschild, Inc. He currently serves as Senior Advisor to the firm and is a member of its Global Financial Advisory Compliance Committee.
Mr. Istel began his career in 1977 at Lehman Brothers, where he was a Managing Director and served on the Board. In 1984, he became Co-Chairman of First Boston International and, four years later, Chairman of Wasserstein Perella & Co. International.
- Deputy Chairman of the Board of Compagnie Financière Richemont SA, and member of its Audit Committee, Nominations Committee, and Compensation Committee
- Chair of the HealthpointCapital Business Advisory Board, and member of HealthpointCapital’s Board of Managers
- Director of Analog Devices, Inc., and a member of its Audit Committee
- Chairman, Center for French Civilization and Culture and The Fondation Saint-John Perse
- Co-Chairman, The European Institute at New York University
- Member, Board of Directors of The French-American Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors of Action Against Hunger, USA
- Member, the Council on Foreign Relations
- Member, The Economic Club of New York
- Member, The Bretton Woods Committee.
- Trustee of the French American Cultural Exchange, and a member of its Management Committee
Mr. Istel earned a degree in economics from Princeton University, where he was awarded the “Commandeur de la Légion d’Honneur” and “Officier des Arts et de Lettres.”