At Tiedemann Advisors, impact investing isn’t an add-on or afterthought. It’s a pillar of the firm aligned with our mission and corporate values.
The Tiedemann approach to impact investing
Every investment can have an impact. And the best way to produce a positive impact with your investments is to invest with intention and insight.
We have been doing sustainable investing longer than almost anyone — with over a decade of experience and over $4.7 billion committed to impact strategies, we help clients identify impact investments across all asset classes. Our offering is designed for individual investors, family foundations, nonprofit endowments, and family offices that seek to connect their values with their investments. Foundations and charitable trusts can activate their endowment’s mission beyond the grant-making they traditionally perform.
A complete offering to maximize your impact
Knowledge & Resources
- Values-based survey to translate your values & mission into an actionable investment strategy
- Impact investing education
- Strategic planning and goal setting
- Thematic impact investing across asset classes
- Annual shareholder engagement
- Integrated financial performance alongside social and environmental reporting
- Thought leadership and capacity building
Two Broad Themes to Deliver Intentional Social and Environmental Outcomes
Investing in market-based solutions to reduce global carbon emissions across energy efficiency, clean technology, sustainable timber, regenerative agriculture, and more.
Investing in market-based solutions to scale greater access to capital markets, quality education, affordable housing, equitable communities, and more.
A Total Portfolio Approach to Impact Investing
- Investment strategies that screen assets that run counter to your values and tilt portfolios towards enhanced corporate social responsibility practices.
- Proxy voting and shareholder engagement.
- Used within public equity and fixed income markets.
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Strategies
- Investment strategies that integrate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations into the investment process and use shareholder engagement techniques.
- Used within public equity, fixed income, and alternatives markets.
Private Thematic Impact Strategies
- Longer-term strategies that provide private capital to promote outcomes within specific themes and geographies while seeking to achieve market-rate returns.
- Used within private equity, venture capital, private debt and community development financial institutions (CDFIs)
Catalytic Impact Strategies
- Strategies that provide patient, flexible, and creative capital within overlooked themes and geographies that seek to achieve the appropriate financial return for the intended impact.
- Used within venture capital, private equity, private debt, community loan funds, community development finance institutions (CDFIs) and integrated capital strategies that combine debt, equity and guarantees.
OUR DEEP THEMATIC EXPERTISE HELPS YOU CREATE THE CHANGE YOU INTEND.
Measuring and reporting non-financial outcomes is a core competency at Tiedemann. We deliver impact reports at the portfolio level and assess the impact metrics of each impact investment.
Tiedemann has made the strategic decision to align our impact reporting with two leading impact management and measurement frameworks: the UN Sustainable Development Goals, a framework of 17 global goals for pressing social and environmental issues, and the Impact Management Project, a forum driving forward a global consensus for how we talk about, measure and manage social and environmental impact. Our impact reporting is fully integrated in to our financial performance reporting and accessible in real-time.
Ready to make an impact?
We can do a lot of good together. And we pride ourselves on doing it well.