Impact investing — which for our firm, includes socially responsible investing (SRI) and mission-related investing (MRI) — can be a powerful means to align your investments with your values. At Tiedemann, impact investing isn’t an add-on or afterthought. It’s a pillar of the firm aligned with our mission and corporate values.
The Tiedemann approach to impact
Every investment can have an impact. And the best way to produce a positive impact with your investments is to invest with intention and insight.
We have been doing sustainable investing longer than almost anyone — with over a decade of experience serving a broad range of clients that seek to align their portfolios with their social and environmental values. Our current impact practice encompasses approximately $1.2 billion in invested assets, with $1.6 billion committed. We deliver impact investing across all asset classes. Our offering is designed for individual investors, family foundations, nonprofit endowments, and family offices that seek to connect their values with their investments. Foundations and charitable trusts can add impact investing as a way to activate their endowment’s mission beyond the grant-making they traditionally perform.
As with all our work, our impact investing services begin and end with what matters most to you.
A complete offering to maximize your impact
Knowledge & Resources
- Diagnostic tool to translate your mission into an actionable investment strategy
- Impact investing education
- Strategic planning and goal setting
- Thematic impact investing across asset classes
- Annual shareholder engagement
- Integrated financial performance alongside social and environmental reporting
- Thought leadership and capacity building
Four themes to reflect your values
Conserving natural resources impacted by climate change and population growth, through energy efficient sustainable land management, and low-carbon strategies.
Empowering small businesses and households, both in the US and in emerging markets, to create more resilient communities and economies, through community-based lending and affordable housing.
Improving the quality, cost and efficiency of education, as well as the access, scalability and quality of products that help close the achievement gap and strengthen workforce development programs.
Supporting inclusive economic growth through minority and women-led businesses, workplace diversity, and products and services that benefit historically underrepresented communities.
Three approaches to build your portfolio
- Investment strategies that screen assets out that don’t align and bring things in that do align with your values.
- Proxy voting and shareholder engagement
- Used within public equity and fixed income markets.
- Investment strategies that integrate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations into the investment process and use shareholder engagement techniques.
- Used within public equity, fixed income, and alternatives markets.
- Longer-term strategies that provide private capital to promote outcomes within specific themes and geographies.
- Used within private equity, venture capital, private debt and community development financial institutions (CDFIs)
OUR DEEP THEMATIC EXPERTISE HELPS YOU CREATE THE CHANGE YOU INTEND.
Measuring and reporting non-financial outcomes is a core competency at Tiedemann. We deliver impact reports at the portfolio level and assess the impact metrics of each impact investment.
Tiedemann has made the strategic decision to align our impact reporting with the UN Sustainable Development Goals — a framework of 17 global goals for pressing social and environmental issues, and a best practice for the field.
Partners in Impact
We collaborate closely with these leaders in the impact investing community:
Ready to make an impact?
We can do a lot of good together. And we pride ourselves on doing it well.